Happy Sunday!Guess what we had for supper last night? Yeppers, you guessed it.....homemade Enchiladas compliments of my honey. Below are the ingredients for the homemade sauce which is what ultimately makes the enchiladas.
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups homemade enchilada sauce or one 28oz can of store bought sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil in a shallow pan to heat the tortillas for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese or other fillings (we used hamburger, onions, olives and cheese)
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
See how yummy these look? After you assemble your enchiladas and line them up in the pan, cover with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with more cheese.Pop them in the oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes and get ready for some yumminess!
It doesn't have to be done all at once. It is a slow process in the works! C-ya next time!
I'm linking up with: